While I can't help but think that this year thus far has been a little more calm than usual news-wise when it comes to the Grand Ducal Family, the coming days will certainly be busy ones. Here's a round-up of what you can expect:
- Tomorrow, May 7, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie will be in Venice, Italy, to visit the Luxembourgish pavilion at the 56th Biennale.
- On Friday, May 8, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will mark the end of the Second World War in Europe at a wreath-laying ceremony at the Monument National de la Solidarité in Luxembourg
- Meanwhile, also on May 8, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie will represent Luxembourg at the Victory Day commemorations in Paris.
- On Saturday, May 9, Prince Félix and Princess Claire will attend the opening of the Spring Fair at the Luxexpo.
- Also in Saturday, May 9, Grand Duke Henri will travel to the United States to attend the graduation ceremony of Prince Sébastien at the Franciscan University of Steubenville. Presumably Prince Sébastien will also be present for the event.
- On Sunday, May 10, is the closing of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg. In the morning, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prince Félix and Princess Claire, as well as Prince Louis and Princess Tessy will attend a pontificial mass. In the afternoon, all five of them plus Prince Gabriel and Prince Noah will the closing procession and later make an appearance on the balcony.
- Meanwhile, also on May 10, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie will be in Mauthausen, Austria, to commemorate the liberation of the local concentration camp.