|Photo: Mark Schmit / Cour grand-ducale|
Grand Duke Henri was at Villa Pauly today to visit the exhibition "Between Shade and Darkness," which focuses on the Nazi oppression of the Jewish community in Luxembourg.
Villa Pauly, built in 1923 by Dr. Norbert Pauly, was the Gestapo headquarters in Luxembourg between 1940 and 1944, and the cellar of the building is particularly notorious as the site of interrogation and torture. Today, the house is the seat of the Comité directeur pour le Souvenir de la Résistance.
A few more photos at the Cour website.